Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job performs the clinical activities of the APP and supervises the clinical execution of other APP staff with that department and/or manages a clinical program.
- Performs duties as assigned or required within and APP role, consistent with APP scope of practice, appropriate training and knowledge as per the APP department job description. (50%)
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department, develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority. (20%)
- Participates in monitoring patient satisfaction, identifying opportunities, and addressing and resolving patient complaints. Also, monitoring and managing key financial and revenue cycle metrics including volumes, staff hours and allocation, expenses, and revenue. (10%)
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements including on-going education as required and manages APP CME education and approval process. (10%)
- Implements on-going education as required and/or appropriate and manages the APP CME education and approval process. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned or required .
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited program OR Master's or post-Master's Degree in Nursing
- 3 years of Clinical experience
- CPR Certification
- Current Pennsylvania Physician Assistant License OR Current Pennsylvania CRNP license and current Pennsylvania RN license
- CRNPs must obtain Pennsylvania Prescriptive Authority license within 60 days of hire
- National Board Certification for Nurse Practitioners through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org