Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for supporting revenue cycle needs for overall quality management including the review and maintenance of standard operating procedures, review of department training materials/curriculum, ensure compliance with new and existing quality standards and regulations, implement quality management actions, and contribute to the development of company and department policies and procedures. This role is responsible for the proactive management of standard revenue cycle processes and requires a full understanding of systems, processes, and regulatory requirements. This job provides Revenue Cycle leadership with the status and analysis of standard operational and quality statistics on a regular basis and is recognized as a leader and subject matter expert by colleagues. The quality coordinator provides quality support to projects from the planning phase to project completion.
- Perform regular audits to ensure employee compliance with new and existing quality standards and regulations and implement quality management actions. (15%)
- Provide department with quality planning and support which may include quality training sessions, identifying issues and trends that may contribute to variances in expected performance, and establishing and managing ongoing communication with department leaders. (15%)
- Develop expertise in Patient Access by preparing and maintaining quality management documentation of the operational area resulting in the operations team recognizing you as a leader and expert in your area. (10%)
- Monitor and report on all activities, processes, and procedures to ensure Revenue Cycle processes are working as expected. (10%)
- Develop internal auditing tools and reports. (10%)
- Determine data-driven solutions and implement quality improvement plans. (10%)
- Contribute to the development of company and department policies and procedures. (10%)
- Perform rounding across Patient Access departments regularly. (10%)
- Provide quality support to projects from the planning phase to project completion in compliance with LEAN methodology. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 6 years of related experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- 7 years in Patient Access or Revenue Cycle
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Master's Degree
- Lean / Six Sigma certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$28.18
Pay Range Maximum:$43.80
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org