Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This position performs a broad range of accounting functions which may include some or all of the following: posts, checks and proofs entries to general ledger and accounts; verifies, sorts, posts and checks claims, bills, invoices, and vouchers; verify and process accounts payable; reconcile bank accounts, posts information and balances general or subsidiary ledgers, processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc.; cash application responsibilities; cash collection activities; contacting other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems. Applies advanced skills to the position or assigned area. Non-standard inquiries or issues are generally resolved by this level.
- Posts, checks and proofs entries to general ledger and accounts. Reconciles accounts and checks for accuracy.
- Verifies, sorts, posts and checks claims, bills, invoices, and vouchers. May verify and process accounts payable.
- Reconciles bank accounts, posts information and balances general or subsidiary ledgers, processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc.
- Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
- Monitoring and quality control of financial adjustments. This is to ensure any adjustments to accounts are being processed timely and accurately.
- Daily preparation of bank lockboxes and deposits. This includes research and scanning of checks to the bank, reconciliation of deposits to the internal billing system.
- Compile and submit past due accounts for collection. This includes research of outstanding balances, communication with collection agency and reconciling collected funds.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- May provide subject-matter direction to lower-level administrators..
- May assist in orienting and training lower-level employees
- High school diploma/GED
- 5-10 years of related, progressive experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with PC based spreadsheet and data processing applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- Experience with bookkeeping, collections and cash posting
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Excel
- Possesses and applies advanced skills to the assigned area. Adapts procedures, processes to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
- Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity. Assignments are broad in nature. Adapts procedures, techniques and tools to accomplish more complex tasks.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving complex problems and issues.
- Works under moderate supervision but often completes day-to-day routine tasks independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Accounting procedures
- Knowledge of a variety of accounting classifications such as asset, liability, and revenue
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$17.20
Pay Range Maximum:$27.82
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org