Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job has responsibility for creating, implementing, and evaluating care plans for patients and their families/caregivers across the health continuum. Incumbents will utilize nationally recognized standards of practice for case management by collaborating with providers, clinical teams, health plans, and external partners while advocating for patients and caregivers in order to align goals and plans. Incumbents will serve as professional role models, utilizing their expertise in care management to promote a collaborative professional environment that optimizes outcomes, engages patients/caregivers in their healthcare, and supports effective resource utilization. Serves as key team members in the management of readmissions, length of stay, ED utilization, and patient/family satisfaction.
- Contributes to or completes comprehensive assessment of patients and their families/caregivers, inclusive of clinical/physical needs, social determinants of health, and economic barriers impacting their ability to manage their health. (20%)
- Effectively identifies barriers and analyzes situations for assigned patient population, including risk for admission/readmission, external resources, and patient/family capacity in order to determine safe plans for transition and care coordination. (20%)
- Coordinates the clinical care with the patient, family, provider(s), and members of the interdisciplinary team. (25%)
- Advocates for patients and families through effectively communicating with providers, interdisciplinary team members, payers, and post-acute partners to assure effective outcomes and care. (15%)
- Leverage understanding of industry standards to provide applicable education to patients, families, providers, and interdisciplinary team partners including but not limited to: appropriateness of care, documentation requirements, utilization review principles and criteria, insurance benefits and limitations, transition planning requirements, length of stay, and resource utilization. (10%)
- Actively seeks professional development opportunities through professional certification, mentoring/precepting, and/or participation on department/hospital/system committees. (5%)
- Adheres to the policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and requirements of hospitals and other clinical settings. (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing - OR - Bachelor’s Degree and Nursing Diploma - OR - 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- 3 years in a clinical nursing role
- Current PA RN license
- Nationally recognized Care Management Certification within 5 years of start date. Incumbents in role as of 12/1/2022 have until 12/1/2024 to obtain.
- CPR certification
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with ability to tailor style according to target audience (providers, peers, clinical team members, patients, families)
- Transition planning and understanding of community and facility resources
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org