Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
Supports and develops clinical systems as they relate to medication use and safety. Creates appropriate changes within the applications to support daily operational workflow within the health system pharmacies. Understands the requirements related to the various medication use initiatives and translates these requirements into detailed design specifications within the pharmacy applications. Meets as needed with members of both the Clinical Pharmacy team and the IT team to ensure that the solutions being designed within the EMR with regard to medication use are viable and effective.
- Develops clinical information systems enhancements related to medication use and maintains medication orders within the applications.
- Implements critical changes that qualify as "fast track" items to support daily operational workflow or correct a patient safety issue under the direction of the Pharmacy IT Manager.
- Reviews routine changes related to operational support (i.e. CDM maintenance, charge order items, floor stock configuration, ADM number maintenance, Robot configuration maintenance, alternate name maintenance, multi-dose flagging, etc.) or to change control to ensure minimal impact on other areas of the application.
- Designs and implements complex changes to medication orders and changes related to system wide clinical initiatives in concert with the Inpatient IT Medical Director, the System Director of Pharmacy, and nursing.
- Identifies opportunities to standardize the formulary across the health system as the clinical systems are expanded and integrated into multiple facilities under the direction of the Pharmacy IT Manager.
- Analyzes the overall impact to Sunrise/Meditech when interfaced applications such as Pyxis, Intelliflow, Theradoc, Invision require or undergo changes or outages, in collaboration with the Pharmacy IT Manager.
- Analyzes new functionality in releases to determine usefulness in collaboration with the Pharmacy IT Manager so that these new features can be presented to the System Director or Pharmacy for possible prioritization.
- Follows appropriate change control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year with pharmacy information systems; clinical experience and practice involving knowledge of modern hospital pharmacy practice
- 2 years of scientific and clinically oriented professional instruction
- 1 year in a structured externship
- B.S. or PharmD. in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Office- or Remote-based
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$78,900.00
Pay Range Maximum:$146,000.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org