Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Monitors clinic and surgery schedules. Travels to the collection sites as the schedule dictates, retrieving surgically resected tissue from consented patients. Properly preserves tissue, processes blood samples, and banks tissue/blood. Updates the database to reflect current patient clinical information. Participates in development of collection procedures and performs administrative activities in support of specimen collection. Assist clinical studies coordinators and nurses to obtain research consents.
- Monitors clinic and operating room schedules. Travels to the collection sites to retrieve surgically resected tissue from consented patients. Obtains a copy of the signed consent. Interacts with OR staff to collect specimens.
- Processes blood according to standard operating procedures (SOP). Works with personnel in the pathology lab to collect tissue according to SOPs.
- Monitors refrigerator, ice and liquid nitrogen levels to ensure safe storage of biological specimens.
- Uses database applications to enter tissue acquisition parameters and other data into the study database in a timely manner. Runs queries to produce reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in laboratory, research and/or clinical environments
- HIPAA training and experience with confidential patient matters
- 2 years’ experience in cryopreservation of specimens (blood and tissue)
- 2 years using an electronic database
- Experience in tissue dissection
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org