Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Verifies and processes patient diet orders through the use of the hospital computer system. Monitors the quality and accuracy of patient meal service. Assists patients with meal selections and provides basic instruction on dietary modifications.
- Supports the Registered Dietitian (RD) in provision of patient care within the Nutrition Care Process by performing interventions such as data collection, medical food supplements, education and meal planning.(55%)
- Documents interventions in the medical chart according to established policies and procedures. (10%)
- Participates in the nutrition screening process. (10%)
- Processes patient menus according to orders following established policies and procedures. (15%)
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the nutrition care provided and reports results. (5%)
- Interacts with and assists Preferred Dining Host and Hostess Staff. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum of 1 nutrition course required.
- Associate's Degree in a nutrition related field preferred.
- Registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred.
- Food service experience preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org