Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job works collaboratively to support of all risk and compliance assessment activities of Highmark Health across a broad range of frameworks including NIST, HITRUST, PCI, HIPAA, SOC, MAR, CMS, JCAHO, etc. The incumbent will partner with the organizational risk and business partners, the technology organization, and global delivery teams to meet Highmark Health’s mission requirements in a manner consistent with the enterprise risk appetite. This individual must have a proactive mindset and approach, and feel comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment.
- Completes assessment activities according to the appropriate framework, including but not limited to NIST, HITRUST, PCI, HIPAA, SOC, MAR, CMS, JCAHO, in order to identify, assess, prioritize, evaluate and address compliance, financial, information security, privacy, and other areas of risk. Prepares draft reports and other management reporting deliverables. Prepares all work paper and supporting documentation evidence according to audit quality standards in a consistent manner.
- Schedules, delivers, and follows-up to ensure risk questionnaires and other risk assessments are completed timely in order to ensure compliance requirements are met across the Enterprise. Assists in training and mentoring less experienced team members on multi-faceted engagements, platform customer dependencies, and assists with the review and interpretation of less-complex authoritative guidance.
- Delivers risk assessments to internal and external contacts. Assists with the review of inherent risk assessment results and the stratification of engagement risks, and assists with the development of assurance plans (e.g., on-site audit, contract review, financials assessment, purchasing data analysis) to address relevant risk areas and to ensure proper controls are implemented. Reviews and interprets information provided (including, but not limited to NIST, HITRUST, PCI, HIPAA, SOC, MAR, CMS, JCAHO reports) and assists with performing qualitative and quantitative impact assessments based on physical, technical, and administrative safeguards as well as contractual requirements; conducts additional information gathering and risk assessments with external points of contact, as-needed; documents and reports results.
- Documents and interprets complex data flow/ information sharing activities, customer integrations, and information safeguards into simplified and high-level terminology and/or process/data flows. Assists with maintaining enterprise supplier risk management reporting dashboards in RSA Archer applications in order to keep information complete, accurate, and current. Prepares and assists with the delivery of risk assurance reports to management.
- Assists with preparation of project plans to support risk assessment and risk decisioning processes in coordination with business owners and other stakeholders within task-based budgets. Collaborates with Information Security, Privacy, Procurement, Audit, Compliance, and other teams across the enterprise to align risk management objectives, practices and procedures.
- Maintains departmental desk-level procedures, assessment methodology, assessment procedures, questionnaires, training, etc.. Reviews and documents activities which demonstrate and support compliance with departmental metrics, performance of internal control activities, awareness of contractual obligations, regulatory requirements, and assistance with responding to customer inquiries / audits.
- Interfaces with business areas, technical staff, project teams, and third parties to execute cross-functional risk assurance projects. Prepares materials to support communication of assessment results and findings with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Assists with providing input and consultation on risk and assurance requirements. Consults with other areas (e.g., Procurement, Privacy, Information Security, Legal) throughout the engagement lifecycle along with internal business and contract administration partners. Assists in contract reviews and providing timely feedback on contract terms and conditions.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management, Information Technology, Pre-Law, or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management, Information Technology, Pre-Law, or related field
- 1 year in Audit and Compliance
- 1 year in Business Process Design
- 1 year in Project Management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Preferred (any of the following)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Systems Analyst (CISA)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of business and technology processes, risk and control frameworks, and assessment methodologies, particularly as applied to healthcare (payer and provider) business processes.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines, vendor management, sourcing and procurement, and completing assessments of vendors
- Excellent resource and project planning capabilities, decision making skills, history of results-oriented delivery, and effective team building across a cross-campus and diverse team of management and staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for diverse audiences (senior management, board, peer, and team).
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence with and without authority in a matrixed organization.
- Leadership qualities with an ability to motivate and inspire a group of individuals to achieve superior results.
- High capacity to think analytically, interpret information / observations, apply judgment and make effective, strategic decisions.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$50,200.00
Pay Range Maximum:$90,300.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice