Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provide perfusion services including support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of the cardiopulmonary and circulatory system of patients, as well as operate related equipment to support a patient's cardiopulmonary or systemic circulatory functions.
- Assemble, operate, maintain and manage extracorporeal cardiopulmonary support equipment for patients having open heart surgery, high-risk invasive cardiology procedures or other major surgery and medical patients as needed, which includes ensuring proper physiologic management of patients by administration of medications, blood components, and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit through monitoring, interpreting, and analyzing blood gases, blood chemistries, hemodynamic status, anticoagulation and hematologic status, and body and circuit temperatures during cardiopulmonary or circulatory support. (60%)
- Ensure hemodynamic and physiological management of the patient by utilizing blood conservation and/or auto transfusion techniques, by providing and administering myocardial preservation solutions, and by assessing the degree of hemodilution and need for hemofiltration. (10%)
- Provide perfusion services for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)/extracorporeal life support (ECLS) program with equipment selection, assembly and priming of circuit, initiation, and weaning of therapy. 24-hour support may be in-house or bedside management depending upon AHN institution. Air and/or ground transportation of ECLS patients. (10%)
- Participate in the insertion, implantation, operation, and troubleshooting of all ventricular assist, counterpulsation, and mechanical circulatory support devices used at the facility, including consulting with physicians in the selection of appropriate equipment and techniques. (5%)
- Provide adjunct perfusion services including chemoperfusion, component therapy, normothermic regional perfusion, point-of-care testing, and other perfusion techniques and services. (5%)
- Ensure proficiency as a Perfusionist by maintaining professional certification and state licensure through caseload requirements, active participation in continuing education programs, maintaining knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, and techniques, and to provide interdisciplinary educational opportunities as assigned. (5%)
- Provide perfusion services within the Allegheny Health Network which may require temporary deployment to another AHN Perfusion cost center. (5%)
- On-call duties include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned. Specific percentages may vary by AHN hospital.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or related sciences.
- Licensed in the state of PA as a Perfusionist, recent graduates must obtain a Temporary Graduate Perfusionist License in the state of PA prior to hire.
- Certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion as a Clinical Perfusionist, recent graduates have 2 years from hire to obtain.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR certification.
- Previous experience as a clinical perfusionist.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org