Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for the following:
• Prospects, promotes and sells Highmark Wholecare’s Medicare Assured product
• Consistently meets or exceeds monthly sales goals within assigned territory; supports overall department sales goals
• Develops and implements sales plan for assigned territory; identifies and networks with community partners, identifies easy access/high traffic locations for meetings, schedules and meets with potential members at various sites, which may include home visits; provides marketing and promotional materials and presentations
• Qualifies prospective members and assures applications are in compliance with CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) regulations and company policies and procedures
• Assures accurate completion and timely submission of leads, enrollments, expense reports and work calendars and related information for the marketing database
• Collaborates with inside sales representatives and other departments within the company to identify marketing opportunities, and to capitalize on internal strength and relationships
Territory for this position is Berks/Lancaster County - Candidates need to be living within this territory.
Education/ Work Experience (indicate number of years and type(s) of experience)*:
• High School diploma or GED
• 4 years of progressive experience in sales or BS/BA Degree
Licenses or Certifications:
• Valid PA driver’s license or the ability to travel to various worksites
• Must have Pennsylvania insurance agent license or acquire licenses within sixty (60) days of hire
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS (these are additional, specific qualifications that are preferred for incumbents)
• BS/BA Degree
Work Experience (indicates number of years and type(s) of experience):
• Consultative selling experience
• Bilingual (English & Spanish)
• Experience in Medicare, Medicaid, and/or HMO environment
• Proficiency with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word. Excel, and PowerPoint)
* For some jobs, relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis (e.g. 4 years relevant work experience equals a Bachelor’s degree). This relevant experience must be clearly defined.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Communicate effectively
• Effectively communicates and interacts with potential members, providers, community leaders, marketing staff, competitors, political and government officials, and other internal Highmark Wholecare℠ staff in order to accomplish goals
• Delivers group and individual sales presentations
2. Sales goals
• Consistently meets or exceeds assigned monthly sales goals
• Supports overall department sales goals
3. Develops and implements sales plan for assigned territory
• Assesses territory and develops and implements selling plans
• Identifies and networks with community partners
• Identifies easy access/high traffic locations for external meetings
• Schedules one-on-one encounters and meets with potential members at various sites which may include home visits
• Creates special events to generate leads
• Ensures collateral material supports marketing and enrollment efforts
4. Qualifies prospective members and assures applications are in compliance with CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) regulations and company policies and procedures
5. Assures accurate completion and timely submission of leads, enrollments, expense reports and work calendars and related information for the marketing database’s CRM system.
6. Collaborates with inside sales representatives and other departments within the company to identify marketing opportunities, and to capitalize on internal strengths and relationships
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL INFORMATION
• Extended travel which occasionally may include overnight stays
• The incumbent must possess strong communication skills and be able to communicate verbally and in writing with people of varying levels of education and diverse backgrounds
• The willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and the ability to work irregular hours including holidays and/or weekends
• The incumbent must be able to cultivate growth within the client community and represent Highmark Wholecare with enthusiasm, integrity, and professionalism
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum:
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org