Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job takes the lead in providing more complex application development services typically as part of a project team or in an application support role. Developers analyze, design, code, test and implement more complex systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to Highmark IT standards and policies. Developers provide general support to maintain more complex applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers. May mentor less experienced team members.
- Takes a lead role for analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing more complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the more complex full system development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
- Takes a lead role in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing innovative solutions to more complex business needs.
- Takes a lead role in providing required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
- Performs work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Actively takes a leading role and participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
- Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting more complex technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field or 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu
- 5 years of experience as a developer
- Experience with Project Management tools
- Experience with databases
- Experience with multiple coding languages
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Healthcare or the Health Insurance Industry
- Experience with technology platforms, application development tools, business processes, software development life cycle used by Highmark enterprise
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org