Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under the direction of the provider and as a member of the health care team, assists in coordinating the examination, treatment and health care planning for patients. Assists with other office functions to support patient care and office operations. Follows all established protocols, policies, procedures and standardized workflows.
*$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Using the team based approach, assists in the coordination of patient care under supervision of the health care provider.
- Prepares and rooms patients within the clinical practice setting according to standardized work flows. Accurately obtains patient vital signs, documents patient information, patient history, tobacco, and medication screening. May assist in the administration of depression screening tools. Completes annual wellness visit screenings. Reviews, updates and screens medication list in the EHR. Reviews social history with patient and updates record. If applicable, pends/''cues up'' orders for required age appropriate screenings, patient prescriptions, refills, or other orders based on AHN approved protocols.
- Performs back office testing following approved AHN protocols and policies.
- Assists providers with examination and procedures.
- May serve as a scribe with additional training.
- Provides follow up with patients at designated intervals via patient's preferred method (telephone, electronic, written) in accordance with provider instructions. Notifies patients of test results under the direction of provider in a timely manner.
- Prepares exam room for patient visit. Ensures adequate inventory of medical supplies. Ensures all patient treatment areas are at all times stocked with the appropriate supplies using established inventory standards.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments per established AHN approved policy and manufacturer's guidelines.
- Accurately performs lab controls and equipment checks as assigned.
- Administers and accurately documents medications in accordance with policy and safe practice.
- Documents accurately in the electronic health record (EHR) according to established standards and work flows.
- Accurately performs clerical office functions and other duties as assigned.
- May require floating/travel between physician office locations.
- High School / GED
- CPR certification
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program OR 1 year of Medical Assistant OR 1 year in a direct patient care role, including vital signs. Candidate experience must align with expected clinical duties (i.e., injections, phlebotomy, EKGs)
- Employees who have: graduated from a medical assistant program within five years OR proof of one year of work experience as a medical assistant in the last three years must complete certification training and/or attempt testing within 30 days of hire and must obtain certification within 120 days of hire.
- Accepted Medical Assistant Certification (NHA, AAMA, AMT, NCCT, AMCA)
Employees who have not met the above certification criteria may have the opportunity to sit for a company proctored certification exam when qualified.
- Associate's Degree
*Sign-On bonus is for External Hires only
*Paid out after Probation Period (90 days)
*Recipient must stay with the same practice for a minimum of 1 year if bonus is accepted
*Re-Hires may not have worked for AHN within the previous 12 months.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org