Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Leads, manages, and coordinates Life Safety and Environment of Care as it applies to Facility’s Emergency Preparedness. Leads the safety and emergency management functions and serves as the officer for these respective areas.
- Directs and ensures compliance with all authorities having jurisdiction (Safety, Fire and Life Safety regulations (20%)
- Maintains scheduling of Vendors Performing Life Safety & Environment of Care testing/ Inspection (20%)
- Maintain all Life Safety & Environment of Care Paperwork per Joint Commission Standards (20%)
- Leads the Disaster Committee and serves as the hospital's Emergency Preparedness Coordinator (10%)
- Perform Fire Door Inspections (10%)
- Perform Interim Life Safety Assessments (5%)
- Manage Fire Drills (5%)
- Leads the Safety Committee (5%)
- Leads the Environment of Care Committee (5%)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Safety Science, Healthcare Management, Business, Engineering or similar OR four years of relevant, progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience with the National Fire Protection Association’s Life Safety Code
- Certified Life Safety Specialist for Health Care Facility Managers; issued by National Fire Protection Association
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org