Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job writes copy and collaborates with designers, copywriters, account managers and others to produce printed, electronic and digital communications that promote and support the sale of products, persuade various audiences to take desired steps or inform various audiences about changes that affect them. Reviews complex technical information and corporate goals to translate that information into promotional and informational materials that will be understood and effective for specific audiences, including Sales, Member Service, employers, producers, providers and consumers. Provides direction to other copywriters. Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective and developing innovative solutions with minimal management assistance.
- Responsible to lead and support multiple and/or complex projects.
- Provide subject-matter direction and guidance to other copywriters. May train employees, assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Drive content for printed, electronic and digital communications, including flyers, websites, emails, text messages, FAQs/talking points, newsletters, RFP/RFI responses, presentations, and social media content, that are appropriate for the intended audience, understandable, persuasive and effectively achieve marketing goals.
- Ensure communications are accurate, on message and brand, appropriate and completed/distributed on time and on budget to all markets. Ensure proofreading and readability/health literacy.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree - Journalism, Communications, English or Marketing with concentration in advertising or public relations or business communications or a related communications field.
- 8 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization including leading projects of varying size and complexity
- Marketing and Copywriting experience in the health care industry
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive and deep knowledge of the field of specialization to complete and lead others to complete complex assignments. Provides subject-matter direction and expertise to complete projects and assignments
- Assigns projects to team. Experience in effectively prioritizing and managing a large volume of projects to completion
- Provides high-level consulting to subject matter experts about writing capabilities prior to engagement
- High standard of professional conduct
- Strict attention to detail and well developed command of language
- Significant understanding of health insurance terminology and health literacy
- Well developed understanding of online and offline production processes
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org