Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
As a member of the health care team, assists in coordinating the examination, treatment and health care planning for patients, under the direction of the provider. Also assists with other office functions to support patient care and office operations. Follows all established protocols, policies, procedures and standardized work flows.
- Prepares and rooms patients within the clinical practice setting according to standardized work flows. Accurately obtains patient vital signs. Accurately documents patient information, patient history, and medication screening. Prepares exam room for patient visit. Completes annual wellness visit screenings, pends orders for required age appropriate screenings and may serve as a scribe with additional training.
- Acts as an electronic health record (EHR) superuser. Accurately documents all pertinent details in the EHR according to established standards and work flows including all pertinent patient interactions at the time of the encounter in the correct EHR note type. Reviews, updates and screens medication list in the EHR. Reviews problem list and social history with patient and updates record. Follows Meaningful Use standards and assists with population health management.
- Assists in the coordination of patient care under supervision of the assigned health care provider. Assists providers with examination and procedures. Assists in administration of depression screening, tobacco screening, chronic disease screening and MU required screenings. Performs in-house testing following established protocols and policies. Assists with patient prescription needs based on established protocols.
- Provides clinical leadership oversight, serving as a department resource for clinical questions.
- Reviews pre-visit planning documentation and patient chart in advance of appointment time to ensure that the provider is prepared to address required screenings and gaps in care.
- In collaboration with the care team nurse, provides follow up with patient at designated intervals via patient preferred method (telephone, electronic, written) in accordance with prescribed provider instructions. Notifies patients of test results under the direction of provider in a timely manner.
- Ensures adequate inventory of medical supplies. Ensures all patient treatment areas are always stocked with the appropriate supplies using established inventory standards. Cleans and sterilizes instruments per established policy and manufacturer's guidelines. Accurately performs lab controls and equipment checks as assigned. Administers and accurately documents medications in accordance with policy and safety practice
- Serves as a peer mentor. Responsibly orients new medical assistants in correct office workflows. Demonstrates proficiency in teaching pre-visit planning, meaningful use standards, appropriate documentation and workflows. Provides meaningful feedback and performance evaluations for orientees. Mentors MA students and externs as assigned.
- Accurately performs clerical office functions and other duties as assigned or required.
- Depending on location, may serve as office safety officer: maintains the office safety log, assures the accuracy and completion of all quality assurance testing for all POCT performed in the office environment. Depending on location, may perform additional duties such as minor wound care, splinting procedures, and 61 capsules procedures.
- May require travel between physician office locations.
- One year certificate from college or technical school, or at least three months of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years as a Medical Assistant
- Newly hired medical assistants must complete training and/or attempt testing within 30 days of hire; newly hired medical assistants must obtain certification within 120 days of hire.
- Medical assistants must achieve and maintain certification in accordance with CMS Meaningful Use requirements.
- CPR certification.
- Experience with practice management software and electronic health record applications.
- Current valid state driver’s license
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
*Sign-On bonus is for External Hires only
Paid out after Probation Period (90 days)
Recipient must stay with the same practice for a minimum of 1 year if bonus is accepted
Re-Hires may not have worked for AHN within the previous 12 months.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements. #Sponsored
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org