Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The unit secretary serves to support and enhance the activities of the nursing unit by effectively communicating, transcribing orders, chart maintenance and maintaining an organized work environment
- Performs clerical duties related to admission, transfer and discharge, maintenance of patient activities for the records, telephone answering and unit reception. (35%)
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members. (30%)
- Accurately and completely transcribes orders subject to the approval of a licensed nurse. Enters and verifies patient charges within established timeframes. (35%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Previous healthcare experience, medical terminology and computer skills preferred
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org