Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The Environmental, Social, & Governance / Sustainability Program Director is an innovative leader accountable for establishing and advancing Highmark Health's Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) and sustainability strategy. The individual will provide leadership for cross-functional teams across the enterprise in establishing and translating ESG goals in to actionable plans that support future ESG targets. This role combines attributes of strategy, policy, operations (data collection, validation, attestation) and project management support for ESG working groups against ESG targets. In addition, this individual will serve as a catalyst to drive an enterprise-wide approach to sustainability and a commitment to (at a minimum) meeting environmental standards and guidelines. Finally, this individual will have accountability to ensure that enterprise ESG and sustainability efforts are aligned to and influenced by Highmark Health's mission, vision, and enterprise priorities.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Thought leader for matters related to ESG and environmental sustainability. Responsible for strategically aligning programs/leaders from across the organization including, but not limited to Corp Real Estate Services, Community Affairs, Corporate Communications, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Procurement, Social Determinants of Health, Treasury, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Maintains deep understanding of the ESG landscape, including reporting / disclosure trends, reporting framework(s) and peer company best practices to inform the iterative completion of Highmark Health's ESG materiality assessments, the output of which will be used to support the enterprise's reporting strategy.
- Accountable for facilitating discussion with impacted stakeholders and gathering relevant ESG data / analytics to support ESG metric calculations.
- Leads discussions with senior leadership and providing subject matter expertise to establish ESG progress targets that will be used to measure progress.
- Establishes progress / tolerance thresholds that will be used to guide when ESG metric progress is on-track vs.off-track and/or requires attention from impacted stakeholders, including internal reporting and dashboarding.
- Accountable for receiving and facilitating response to third-party regulators and other stakeholders as it relates to climate and/or ESG-related requests.
- Oversees annual calculation of Highmark Health's greenhouse gas emissions calculation, working with business owners to collect data, plan to fill gaps, and set emissions reduction goals and targets.
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive sustainability/ environmental social governance strategy for Highmark Health that aligns to our businesses, brand, and creates value for internal and external stakeholders (customers, members, patients, government, industry organizations, communities, etc.).
- Represents Highmark Health in external sustainability networks and healthcare sustainability peer networks. Create and leverage network relationships to support ESG/Sustainability strategy and increase public recognition for company's sustainability efforts.
- Maintains an annual ESG reporting calendar and aligns impacted team's deliverables. In addition, provides oversight for the preparation of the annual ESG report, including review of content, and arranges data for every section of the report prior to finalization.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 5 years with partner engagement with key groups including Non-Government Organizations (NGO), communities, employees, etc.
- 5 years with corporate sustainability, green buildings, environmental social and governance (ESG) risks and reporting
- Knowledge of current and emerging reporting frameworks which may include Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Greenhouse Gas Emissions Protocol, and International Integrated Reporting Council Framework (IIRC).
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in carbon footprint calculation and measurement
- Experience with risk & materiality assessment and articulation, including gap analysis and response planning
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, including communication and presentations to management and/or external audiences, in order to facilitate effective discussion among cross-functional working groups
- Intermediate to advanced skills working with suite of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word)
- Cross-functional partnership skills, and the ability to bring people together around common ESG strategic goals
- Strong analytical skills, including an adeptness with synthesizing sophisticated inputs from multiple cross-functional sources
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Finance, Business Management, Engineering
- 6 years of progressive relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree in Environmental Science
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Office- or Remote-based
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$108,000.00
Pay Range Maximum:$199,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org