Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job manages market underwriters within a given region(s), serving as the leadership face to sales and customers, guiding the delivery of insights and recommendations to sales in order to aid customer acquisition/retention while maintaining performance goals. The incumbent is responsible for all levels of books of business and monitors quality and response time to sales requests, develops skills and performance of team, oversees strategy of region. This job may handle progressively more complex and multiple books of business. Will contribute and oversee the execution of the underwriting market strategy.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to, involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff and direct and control the day to day operations of the department, develop and implement policies and programs as necessary, may have budgetary responsibility.
- Accountable for all levels of books if businesses. Works with Underwriting and Sales leadership to develop and continually refresh region-level book management strategy. Coordinates with regional Sales leadership to anticipate upcoming client needs.
- Provide guidance, deeper insights and communication assistance for critical and sensitive clients.
- Understand Underwriting and the Health Plan's strategic goals and competitive position and drives portfolio results towards these ends.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of strategy and oversees execution. Proactively manage and drive resolution to risks and issues as they arise.
- Deliver routine and ad-hoc presentations to Underwriting and health plan leadership.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Mathematics, Technology or related Field
6 years of related underwriting experience in lieu of Bachelor degree
- 7 years of Health Care Underwriting OR risk mgmt OR actuary work OR applying advanced mathematics
- 5 years of external client interaction or comparable external interactions
- 5 years leadership experience
- 7 years of External Client interaction
- 5 years of applying Advance Mathematics OR in an Actuarial OR Risk Management role
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Deep understanding of Highmark Health Plan products, services and risk assessment techniques
- Experience with customer relationship management
- Consultative and partnership-driven mindset
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong analytical background
- Focus on team skill development
Language (Other than English):
25% - 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$108,000.00
Pay Range Maximum:$199,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org