Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
We are seeking an experienced Conversation Designer who can conceptualize, develop, and deliver compelling natural language interactions for our members and the many healthcare providers that serve them. As a Senior Conversational Designer on the Digital Innovation Acceleration team, you'll expand upon your existing skillset and passion for conversational problem solving, and help define the multimodal conversational experiences for our Highmark family of chatbots, as well as our emerging voice assistant products.
- Gather technical and product-specific requirements, create dialogs and flows, and build prototypes in order to create expressive, scalable, and intuitive conversational content for Chatbots, Virtual Assistants, and omnichannel conversational interfaces, creating consistent, innovative experiences across channels
- Contribute to the development of conversational UI, interactions, and visual tone, and help establish voice and conversation design best practices to ensure a consistent brand experience for all end-users that aligns with organizational content principles.
- Facilitate human-centered experience and product changes using data gathered from how users interact with our conversational products, while balancing the needs of our business partners and suggested edits from senior subject experts.
- Foster collaboration across multiple teams to solve challenging, and at times, emotional healthcare needs with human-centered design thinking, and communicate solutions with language and storytelling that is on brand.
- Deliver thoughtful and complete user needs analysis, with clearly prioritized and defined user workflows to inform development and architectural requirements.
- Partner with research insight teams to assess user behavior and language, uncover hidden needs, summarize insights, and communicate them to drive continuous improvement as well as test prototypes with end-users.
- Champion Conversation Design as a practice, driving cultural change without fear of challenging the status quo and reimagining customer experiences across channels. Continuously grow your depth of knowledge and apply it to evolve or craft new product opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
· Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), UX Design, UX Content or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
· 6 years of related and progressive experience working with bot-building / conversation-design software; in lieu of Bachelor's degree
· Direct experience with dialogflowi
- 5 years Strong portfolio with voice and/or text-based conversational flows for virtual agents or virtual assistants that show how users complete simple and complex tasks as well as examples of mobile application, responsive web, and other digital interface design capabilities
- 3 years Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of conversational design demonstrated experience designing voice and/or interaction design for conversational chat agents and virtual assistants
- 3 years Effective verbal and written communication skills (emphasis on grammar and clear language) with the ability to effectively write in different styles and tones as the brand, channel, or situation dictates
- 1 year Demonstrable experience creating conversational interactions in highly regulated industries such as Healthcare, Telecommunications, Consumer and/or Financial Services and Insurance
- 1 year Knowledgeable in creating accessible designs with experience working within reading standards, regulations, and guidelines (i.e., WCAG) to advocate for inclusive design for all users
- 1 year Facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to large cross-functional teams and Senior leadership
- 1 year Multi-lingual or familiarity with localization and mapping of content into various languages
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
· UX Writing, Conversation Design, Conversational Copywriting, or AI Training Certification or Coursework
- Experience in conversational design roles: research, design, development, copywriting, or support managing multiple concurrent projects of varying complexity
- Demonstrated knowledge of natural language technology, how data from API calls is incorporated, the tech stack behind modern conversational experiences, and how to design for current abilities and limitations
- Comprehensive understanding and appreciation for the fundamentals of user experience design, user research, including their processes and methodologies
- Experience creating and aiding in the adoption of conversation design tools, component systems, and frameworks including CXD research and metrics, addressing user issues through rich conversational interactions
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects at once with oversight and deliver high quality work on time in an Agile environment
- Knack for design thinking exercises and human-centered (HCD) facilitation methods to solve complex challenges
- Ability to present to teams and seniors within an organization, both verbally and in writing
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org