Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job is responsible for managing a book of business and the business relationship as a strategic consultant for existing accounts directly or through intermediaries. The incumbent is responsible for renewing accounts and selling new products and services to existing accounts to ensure retention and growth of profitable business.
- Review new products, services, capabilities, and technologies with the client in order to sell assigned product lines, renewals and add-on sales to ensure retention, profitability and growth of existing business.
- Manage relationships at senior levels with clients, consultants and brokers/producers by creating valued business partnerships, demonstrating business acumen and cultivating an active network.
- Develop appropriate sales solutions giving consideration to increased competition and the changing political environment.
- Develop, implement and execute business plans and metrics for retaining and growing membership while enhancing profitability and cross-selling.
- Conduct routine service calls and function as the primary Group contact for strategic planning and consultation.
- Support customers during the implementation of sales contracts and throughout the relationship by advocating for escalated services issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Complete and maintain sales projections, finalize rates and benefit adjustments and prepare reports and documents for renewal and sales presentations.
- Participate in product development and prepare business programs (i.e. territory specific action plans and strategy for closing sales) and long term strategy for specific account needs. Lead internal partners (Clinical, Analytics, etc.) in delivering client strategy.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School / GED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or related field
- 2 - 5 years of related and progressive Account or Client Management experience in the area of specialization
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- State specific Producer License's for Life, Accident & Health are required or must be obtained within 45 days of hire
- Ability to speak publicly and extemporaneously on a variety of subjects
- Presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Creativity and Innovation
- Persistence & Resilience
- Problem Solving
Language (Other than English):
25% - 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum:
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org