Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Serves to support and enhance the activities of the nursing unit by effectively communicating, transcribing orders, chart maintenance and maintaining an organized work environment under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Performs clerical duties related to admission, transfer and discharge, maintenance of patient activities for the records, telephone answering and unit reception. (30%)
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members, and outside agencies. (10%)
- Transcribes orders, schedules procedures, subject to the approval of a licensed nurse. Asks for clarification when necessary. Enters and verifies patient charges within established timeframes. (50%)
- Performs tasks to promote efficient operations of the unit. (10%)
- Education or experience in transcribing medical orders and computers required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and responsibility through past job experience and/or education.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Typing/data entry skill at 45 w.p.m. preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice