Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Monitors, conducts preventive maintenance and repairs all utilities and mechanical systems including: steam distribution system, chilled water system, medical gas system, plumbing system, HVAC systems, electrical distribution systems, linen chute system, elevator and automatic doors.
- Monitor operating status of utilities and equipment providing essential support services by conducting routine inspections and tours of the boiler room, chiller plant, various mechanical equipment areas and hospital buildings. Monitors and guides vendors performing repairs, adjustments and alterations to the facility and its equipment systems. (30%)
- Perform frequent operational adjustments and routine preventive maintenance to physical plant, patient care and process equipment following standardized task descriptions. (20%)
- Perform mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and electrical repairs. Prioritize all maintenance requests as to their severity. Make all necessary adjustments and repairs to physical plant equipment to ensure their continued efficient operation. Make emergency repairs to non-biomedical equipment on evening, nights and weekends. (20%)
- Communicate promptly and effectively with nursing staff, department management and other administrative representatives on a continual basis regarding status of utilities and support equipment. Make emergency repairs to equipment critical to the safety and comfort of patients and other customers on evenings, nights and weekends. (20%)
- Document all daily physical plant operations, as well as inspections and repairs made to mechanical equipment. Documents significant occurrences regarding construction activities. Notify appropriate personnel of emergencies and unusual occurrences. (10%)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid PA driver's license required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a physical plant with gas-fired boilers required.
- Knowledge of maintenance of plumbing, electrical and mechanical equipment required.
- Skilled with hand tools, meters and instruments of the trade.
- Associate's degree or vocational/technical school certification in mechanical maintenance preferred.
- Stationary Engineer License preferred
- Experience with centrifugal chillers preferred.
- Experience in healthcare environment is preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org