Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Prepares and serves meals to hospital patients, visitors and employees; cleans smallwares and work areas within the food and nutrition services department. Obtains, maintains and communicates diet orders for patient meals, nourishments, and feedings according to established policies and procedures. Gathers menu selections from assigned patients at the bedside; delivers and collects patient trays, calorie count information, dietary supplements and ensures the overall customer satisfaction of patients.
- Prepares and serves food according to departmental standards/policy and according to pre-established task assignments. Accurately portions food items for employees, visitors, patients and guests.
- Directs departmental telephone communications utilizing service excellence standards.
- Receives, processes and maintains patient diet orders and records. Interacts with assigned patients in an effort to gather menu selections.
- Delivers and retrieves food carts in a timely manner. Ensures that patient trays are accurate according to the patient's diet prescription, and delivered on time and in accordance with the tray delivery schedule.
- Corrects menus to reflect therapeutic diet prescriptions, as needed.
- Accurately communicates special tallied menu items to production area. Completes forecasting tally.
- Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods and required chemicals. Complies with all safety and infection control guidelines.
- Utilizes proper food handling and food storage techniques when receiving, rotating, storing and preparing food.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Completes assigned side work in a timely fashion.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year of food and nutrition or customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in high volume institutional food service operations preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiar with diets and diet terminology.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org