Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This full time position will work M-F 9a - 5:30p. Work hours are not flexible.
Assist in the daily functions the classroom as directed by the lead teacher/group supervisor through the principals of the primary care giving system while meeting licensing regulations and STARS standards.
- Upholds policies, standards, and regulations to ensure consistent operations.
- Maintains daily operations of the classroom in the absence of the lead teacher/group supervisor.
- Maintains a primary care giving system through routine tasks of interacting, feeding, diapering/toileting and documentation.
- Ensures per diem staff follow all policies, STARS standards, DPW regulations & individual classroom expectations in the absence of lead teacher/group supervisor.
- Assist the Lead Teacher/Group Supervisor in the care of the children through the co-ordination and participation of age appropriate lesson plans for the children in the assigned primary group as set forth by the requirements of STARS.
- Writes and maintains objective child observations across all developmental domains on a weekly basis for the children in the assigned primary group.
- Maintains an up-to-date portfolio for each child in the assigned primary group by including observations, assessments, classrooms photos documenting experiences and child's art work.
- Plans individualized activities based on child observations, PA Early Learning Standards and on-going assessments for the child in the assigned primary group.
- Submits lesson plans to lead teacher/group supervisor by 8:00AM Friday for the upcoming week.
- Documents adaptations for IFSP/IEPs on the plans for the children in the assigned primary group.
- Completes and submits on-going assessments for the children in the assigned primary group according to the requirements set forth by STARS and the assessment agency.
- Assists in providing a child friendly learning environment that promotes child development in all domains.
- Directs learning and personal care routines while respecting and observing the child's interests and cues.
- Participates in planned daily outside activities - weather permitting.
- Assists in storing learning materials in labeled open bins to promote accessibility.
- Maintains clean work areas by the elimination of clutter on counter tops, shelving, and refrigerator.
- Assists in rotating learning materials, photos, and art work to maintain interest on a monthly basis or more frequently as needed by the group.
- Maintains a commitment to professionalism.
- Understands and promotes the mission and vision of Saint Vincent Child Care.
- Completes training hours as required by STARS.
- Maintains an up-to-date Professional Development Record as mandated by STARS.
- Completes 2 professional development activities on an annual basis as required by STARS.
- Follows Saint Vincent Health System policies including but not limited to: attendance, punctuality, dress code and cell phone usage.
- Attends 6 staff meetings per calendar year.
- Communicates effectively with children, parents, co-workers and administration.
- Frequently interacts with children at eye level using a friendly and courteous tone.
- Completes daily charts for infants/toddlers including an individualized positive note regarding an activity the child participated in for each child in the assigned primary group.
- Serves as a team player to ensure effective communication and cooperation among parents, coworkers and administration.
- Maintains discipline in a positive manner utilizing redirection more often than time-out. Time out is not permitted for children under 2 years of age.
- Completes and shares a family summary report showing strengths and areas of improvement for each child in the assigned primary group.
- Provides a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Cleans and sanitizes surfaces including: tables, diapering/toileting areas, toys and shelving after meals, messy activities or signs of illness .
- Correctly follows diaper changing procedure as mandated by Stars 75% of the time.
- Maintains safety latches on all cupboards containing hazardous substances as well as other items that may cause injury to children.
- Prepares and serves meals and refreshments according to Child and Adult Food Program guidelines while encouraging independence.
- Follows hand washing protocol for self and the children; before and after meals, upon entry to a classroom, after messy projects and when in contact with bodily fluids 75% of the time.
- Assists with cleaning duties both inside and outside the classroom including the hallway, staff bathroom and playground.
- Follows safe sleep practices for children under the age of 1 year.
- Completes and submits documentation of all injuries and illnesses as mandated by STARS.
- Transitions children to and from classroom settings.
- Transitions completed portfolio to another classroom/educational setting within one week of admission.
- Assists in the transitions of children by arranging child visits to the new classroom on a regular basis with increasing time during the transition period.
- Displays a mechanism to welcome the new child/family to the classroom.
- Welcomes the new family by answering any questions the family may have.
- Updates classroom postings with new child information regarding schedules for eating and napping as well as allergies and other medical needs.
- Assists in the labeling of cubbies/mailboxes prior to first day of care in new classroom.
- Completes and obtains parental signature on the objective observation tool within 45 days of program entry.
- Assists parents at drop off and pick up times ensuring a smooth transition from home to care and care to home.
- High school diploma / GED
- 2 years experience with children other than own.
- Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background Clearance
- Microsoft Office 2002, Microsoft Windows XP
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org