Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists in coordination of daily activities in the Pharmacy Department under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist consistent with state and federal regulations. Performs functions to support pharmacy staff with related medication preparation or client delivery process. Maintains a clean and orderly pharmacy working area appropriate to guidelines.
- Work under direct supervision of licensed pharmacist performing duties considered acceptable by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Board of Pharmacy.
- Prepare prescription for filling under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Prepare the prescription and products for the pharmacist to check.
- Prepare computer documentation of supplies and service pharmaceuticals.
- Assure that inventory stock of prescriptions and non-prescription items are correctly maintained and at appropriate levels, as requested.
- Maintain file of patient dispensing sheets.
- Call and supply patients for orders.
- Take calls for pulmonary refills, dispense and mail.
- Record and credit returned supplies.
- Check in medications/supplies and stock shelves.
- Assist with department biannual inventory.
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of pharmacy technician or related experience and a knowledge of pharmacy procedures, including parenteral admixtures.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT). Incumbents in role as of July 1, 2022 must achieve CPhT by 1/1/2023.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org