Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that will be scheduled primarily daylight shift between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm with no weekend or holiday responsibilities.
Additionally, this role may be required to assist with respiratory therapy treatments during assigned shift depending on workload in the PFT lab/EEG department. Responsibilities include performing EEG testing as needed during assigned shift as EEG testing is performed by the Respiratory Therapy Department at Canonsburg.
Provides pulmonary function diagnostic testing, ambulatory oximetry testing, arterial blood gas testing, pulmonary rehabilitation and assists with bronchoscopies for referred patients.
- Performs all pulmonary function testing, arterial blood gas punctures, bronchoscopy assistance, oximetry and home oxygen evaluations, exercise and stress testing and pre-surgical evaluations ensuring specific and accurate patient test results. (50%)
- Provides inpatient and outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation according to the Clinical Practice Guidelines established by the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) and the American Association for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). (25%)
- Maintains proper calibration, quality control and analysis of all pulmonary diagnostic and rehabilitation equipment. Maintains required records of preventive maintenance and repair functions. (5%)
- Maintains proper infection prevention when cleaning reusable patient equipment. (10%)
- Performs all billing documentation and maintains departmental records according to departmental policy/procedures. (5%)
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and scheduling of patient testing in an efficient and effective manner. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Valid PA respiratory therapy license
- Current BCLS
- Certified and or Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Two (2) years’ experience in pulmonary/respiratory medicine
- Experience with pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy assistance and pulmonary rehabilitation
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org