Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Collaborates with the Prehospital Coordinators at all AHN hospitals and partnering facilities. Serves as liaison to community EMS providers and, where applicable, coordinates activities related to medical command services and EMS providers within the AHN Medical Command Network.
- Serves as the point of contact with EMS agencies, officials and organizations to resolve issues and provide patient care follow up. (10%)
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and protocols for the delivery of prehospital care. Coordinates the credentialing of EMS providers within their medical command capabilities. (10%)
- Monitors prehospital care delivery to ensure medical appropriateness and continuity of patient care and manages the continuous quality improvement program for medical command agencies and related hospital committee accreditation standards. Identifies trends for improvement; prepares statistical indicators, reports and findings. (15%)
- Develops, coordinates, instructs and assists with continuing medical education programs and outreach programs for EMS providers, hospital staff. Police, fire and community members. Also serves as the main liaison with EMS training institutes and higher education facilities with regard to EMS educational programs and their students. (10%)
- Establishes and maintains comprehensive stakeholder relationships with local, regional, state and federal assets; and assists and advises EMS and hospital emergency personnel, communications personnel, community based organizations and the public on matters pertaining to prehospital medicine. (10%)
- Serves as a technical specialist for EMS to the hospital and network emergency management committees as needed. (5%)
- Represent the EMS community within various local, county, regional, state, and federal organizations as well as hospital committees and regulatory agencies. (10%)
- Ensures proper medication inventory, security controls, supply and procurement for EMS providers according to hospital, network and regulatory agency requirements. (10%)
- Manages and administers the individual Prehospital Care budget for their respective hospital. (5%)
- Remains an active prehospital care provider within an emergency response agency and stays current with all applicable trends and regulations within the EMS community. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Bachelor's degree in Emergency Medicine, Management, Education, Public Administration, or Emergency Management
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor, Basic Life Support Instructor, Prehospital or International Trauma Life Support, Prehospital or International Trauma Life Support Instructor
- 5-7 years paramedic or PHRN with progressive managerial responsibilities
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org