Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 11/21/22
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Nursing Operations
Status: Full Time
Shift: 72 hours every two weeks
Rotation with rotating weekends and holiday per policy
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Functions as administrative liaison between staff, patients, physicians, families, other hospital departments, and outside agencies.
- Has authority and responsibility for administrative decisions and appropriate notification of the administrator on call, Legal Dept and/or Risk Management when appropriate.
- Serves as a resource person in dealing with complex or complicated patients. Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care.
- Facilitates patient flow, identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care, ensures resources are utilized appropriately and in a cost effective manner.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures of the facility and with all regulatory requirements.
- Current licensure as an RN
- Minimum Five years recent nursing experience
- BSN, will consider internal candidates who are enrolled and BSN to be completed within specified time frame
- External candidates: BSN completed at the time of application
- Previous management experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org