Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job is responsible for using medical cost analytics to provide fact based strategic insights into emerging medical cost trends. Using large sets of data, the ideal candidate will create the story of medical cost trends in a way that is clear, concise and easily understandable. The incumbent will have proven detailed technical and analytical experience with strong communication and influencing skills. More specifically, will engage with matrix partners to develop the medical cost analytics to determine the value of business solutions. Using data driven analytics, the ideal candidate will: 1) develop the value of the programs, 2) track the outcomes of the programs, and 3) provide strategic insight into areas of focus/opportunities.
- Provide strategic/tactical insights into emerging medical cost trends. Develop executive ready presentations explaining analytical findings in a clear concise manner.
- Proficiency to extract, summarize and analyze large datasets via SAS, SQL or other similar tools.
- Provide business areas with opportunity assessments of their strategic medical cost programs. Coordinate savings opportunity projections and post implementation savings measurements. Develop improved business case and savings estimate capabilities to enable more accurate and deeper projections.
- Leverage analytical experience and knowledge to drive independent medical cost analytics; develop areas of opportunity using a fact-based analysis, present medical cost analytics and insight into claim cost drivers to key business partners.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and executive quality presentations) to present clear, concise presentations of the detailed analytics.
- Work in a matrixed work environment. Partner with other departments in developing the full analytical story.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health, Economics, Mathematics/Actuarial Sciences or other related area
- Master's Degree in Business, Health, Economics, Mathematics/Actuarial Sciences or other related area
- 5 years of Medical Economics, Healthcare Analytics, Informatics and/or Actuarial Services in the health care payer sector
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Proven analytical ability to drive independent work and meet business timelines and outcomes.
- Strong Technical Data Skills (SAS / SQL, R, Tableau, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work with business partners in communicating outcomes, partnering on analytics, and developing new approaches to breaking down a strategic hypothesis.
- Experience in the healthcare Industry, with solid knowledge of emerging trends and challenges
Languages (Other then English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org