Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Optimizes patient care by promoting rational, safe, and cost effective drug therapy by developing and providing clinical services in their area of expertise. Conducts drug therapy monitoring and drug formulary reviews, implements drug therapy interventions to reduce adverse events. May conduct pharmacy practice research. Educates and trains the pharmacy staff, pharmacy residents, students and other members of the healthcare team.
- Provides pharmaceutical care in their specialty practice area which can include reviewing and evaluating patients' drug/medical history, providing drug therapy recommendations to optimize care, providing drug information, evaluation of medical literature, rounding with medical services, drug utilization reviews/monitors and patient counseling. (20%)
- Plans, implements, performs and measures the clinical processes that will improve treatment outcomes while minimizing adverse drug events and contribute favorable quality and financial outcomes. Coordinates DUEs, analyzes, trends and evaluates data to be synthesized into reports for action by committees. (20%)
- Creates a culture of learning and sharing in the network that supports the development of a fully qualified clinical staff through coaching, motivation and empowerment. Implements staff development on clinical processes and oversees the training of Pharmacists, Pharmacy Residents, students and healthcare providers. (20%)
- Promotes interdisciplinary teamwork including development and implementation of clinical pathways and protocols that promote appropriate medication safety and medication utilization using best practice evidence based recommendations. (10%)
- Provides input in planning pharmaceutical care to meet department and organizational goals. May assist and perform duties of a Pharmacy Practice Supervisor/Coordinator. (10%)
- When applicable, instructs, mentors and empowers Pharmacy Residents to become clinical specialists. (10%)
- Contributes to the medical community and pharmacy practice by presenting research at meetings and/or publishing results in journals. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Pharmacy Residency (PGY1) or 4 years of demonstrated clinical experience.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the state of PA or eligible to obtain licensure within 120 days.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice