Job Description :
This job is an integral part of the care delivery system working together to provide a healing environment, by placing our customers first. The incumbent provides supportive care for acute and chronic health conditions in a palliative care population in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Perform complete, detailed and accurate histories, review patient records and perform complete physical examinations.
- Order laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies appropriate for complaint, age, race, gender and physical condition of the patient. Interpret and evaluate patient data to determine patient treatment plan.
- Make medical diagnoses and institute appropriate therapy within applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Appropriate understanding and timely documentation to support medical coding and billing.
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients and/or family.
- Record and report pertinent information in EMR and to attending physician of record.
- Perform hospital rounds and document appropriate patient progress notes; accurately transcribe and execute specific orders at the direction of the attending physician of record.
- Institute emergency measures and emergency treatment or appropriate stabilization measures in acute patient situations such as cardiac arrest, hemorrhage, or shock.
- Identify and inform the attending physician of record of all significant changes to the patient’s ongoing condition in a timely manner.
- Maintain mandatory professional continuing education.
- Active participant of medical education to student learners and professional staff, as supported by knowledge base.
- Active participant in patient safety, quality improvement processes and patient engagement and satisfaction.
- Maintain compliance with the medical staff office.
- Maintain professional practice consistent with the organizational and advanced practice mission statements.
- Specialty specific procedures and expectations as stated with privileging and job agreement.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Graduate from an accredited PA program OR Graduate from a Nursing Approved Master’s or Post Master’s program
- 1-3 years department specific experience
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- CPR Certification
- Current Physician Assistant License OR Current RN license, CRNP license and Prescriptive Authority in the appropriate State based on work location
- ACLS certification
- DEA license
- Motivational interviewing competency
- Advance care planning competency
- Ability to work in a high performing team environment that requires flexibility
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office products
Language (Other than English):
50% - 75%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Exposure to Blood, body fluids or tissue
Exposure to needles or sharps
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org