Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
$5,000 sign on bonus eligible with 1 year commitment
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, performs a wide variety of technical and clinical and/or clerical duties to support the hospital wide unit-dose drug distribution system and intravenous admixture program. May be exposed to or responsible for maintaining confidential reports, entering and retrieving data utilizing the computer system, preparing intravenous medication, filing and delivering routine orders for unit dose and prepackaged pharmaceuticals and providing accurate assistance to the pharmacist in performing daily duties. All orders are checked by a pharmacist prior to dispensing.
- Distribution/Processing: Delivers routine, stat and floor-stock medications including controlled substances. Completes order entry and fills all types of medication orders within scope of practice. Processes charges, credits, admissions, discharges and transfers. Answers phones and relays messages within the department. Under direct supervision of the pharmacist, fills routine patient orders for unit dose carts and prepackaged pharmaceuticals, preparing, compounding and labeling IV admixture. Displays competency in the use of Pharmacy resources, including computer software (i.e., Automated Dispensing Cabinets, packagers, BCMA) and other technology. Performs routine supply and billing functions.
- Inventory: Continuously maintains pharmacy inventory and supplies according to established policies and procedures through assigned inspections, use of automated dispensing units and medication supplies depending on facility. Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations, restocks medications and prepackages bulk medications in unit dose packages.
- IV Prep/Packaging: Compounds, stocks, repackages and batches from bulk medications. Prepares routine patient orders for IV pharmaceuticals.
- Work Environment: Contributes to the effective operation of the department through all activities including computer functions, processing cart fill lists, pick lists, refill medications, generation of labels and answering phone appropriately. Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Safety and Quality: Participates in continuous performance improvement and regulatory compliance efforts. Takes responsibility for quality improvement efforts and then monitors processes and results. Maintains an attitude that promotes and fosters an environment of safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) required within 18 months of hire. Incumbents in role as of July 1, 2022 must achieve CPhT by 1/1/2024.
- Completion of pharmacy technician training program.
- Previous experience working in a clinical healthcare setting.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org