Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Identifies and manages complex medical problems and performs procedures across the continuum of care (both inpatient and outpatient responsibilities) pertinent to the care of the oncology / hematology population within the practitioner’s scope of practice.
- Provides appropriate patient care to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation for patients in the complex oncology hematology population. (20%)
- Oversees the administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy, biologic response modifiers and therapeutic agents. (15%)
- Provides emergency response for management of life threatening infusion related events. Provides symptom management for treatment related toxicities. (15%)
- Facilitates communication regarding goals of care including end of life decision making. (15%)
- Performs invasive procedures, as deemed clinically competent, this includes (but not limited to) bone marrow aspirate biopsy (CMS categorizes bone marrow aspirate & biopsy as a surgical procedure) and administration of intrathecal chemotherapy. (15%)
- Communicates with attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the practitioners knowledge base or scope of practice. (15%)
- Demonstrates professional commitment through mandatory attendance at continuing education programs, independent reading, and other professional activities. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Master's Degree required unless exempted by prior entry into practice.
- Current PA Physician Assistant License or board eligible. PA-C required or board eligible. License and certification required within 90 days of employment.
- Prescriptive authority and DEA license.
- CPR and ACLS certification.
- Oncology / Hematology experience preferred. Experience with oncology chemotherapy care, toxicity management and emergency response to critical oncology events.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice