Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides emergency medical care to the sick and injured patients in the pre-hospital environment; effectively communicates with all persons and departments involved in the administration of Emergency Medical Care.
- Drives response vehicle. (20%)
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury; provide basic and advanced life support to the critically ill and injured during treatment and transport in the pre-hospital setting. (50%)
- Completes required documentation according to regulatory standards. (15%)
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies including BLS and ALS and has accountability for medications on every EMS unit per regulatory standards. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Driver License
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) (must obtain within six months of hire)
- Paramedic (PA) or Licensed PHRN
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC)
- HazMat Awareness Certification (Must obtain with 6 months of hire)
- Basic Vehicle Rescue Awareness, Haz-Mat Technician
- ICS 100, 200 and IS 700, 800
- Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS)
- Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org