Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a full-time role that will be scheduled 7:30am-4:00pm and 11:30am-7:00pm.
Works alongside of the Director of Sports Performance and Supervisor of Sports Medicine to manage the weight room floor, assist with day-to-day operations of the facility and act as a point of contact for staff when the Director and/or Supervisor is offsite. Leads/monitors semi-private workout groups, develops programs, performs data entry/recordkeeping, communicates with physical therapy/sports medicine staff, manages floor, opens/closes facility, cleans, develops new programs, and performs initial evaluations of new clients.
- Leads/monitors workout sessions: assists with setting up the gym floor, brings clients back to the workout area, and gets clients started with their workout sessions. Helps clients read their workout sheets and progress through the workout. Assists clients with machine setup, spots for high intensity exercises, provides direction and motivation during exercise, and provides training education. Responds to requests from multiple clients who may be on the workout floor simultaneously. (40%)
- Develops Programs: assists the Director and/or Supervisor in preparing client programs daily, working off the designated workout templates and based on client needs (from the initial evaluation). (15%)
- Performs Initial Evaluations: performs initial evaluations with new clients. Explains AHN strength training methodology and expectations. Performs functional movement assessments, including range of motion and strength measurements in key areas of the body (shoulder/scap, low back/core, hips/knees). Customizes clients' programs based on this information. (10%)
- Manages Floor: manages the weight room floor when the Director and/or Supervisor are offsite. Provides direction/leadership for strength staff on duty and ensures that client workouts run smoothly. (10%)
- Communicates with Physical Therapists/Sports Medicine Staff: communicates with physicians, sports physical therapists, massage therapists, and other professional staff regarding transitional clients that are participating in the integrated model of care. (10%)
- Performs Recordkeeping/Data Entry: keeps daily records of alterations in client workouts, comments regarding workouts, and client test results. Writes progress notes on clients as requested. (5%)
- Supervises Interns: assists the Director/Supervisor with student intern education and management over 20-25 hours per week intern program. Meets with University professors regarding student intern performance. (5%)
- Cleans Laundry/Facility: Assists with cleaning the facility each night. Sprays and wipes down workout equipment nightly, sweeps floors, vacuums turf, puts equipment back in place, washes and folds towels. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science (Kinesiology, Exercise Phys., Athletic Training), equivalent experience and education will be considered
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength and Conditioning Association, or eligible and must obtain within 90-days of hire.
- CPR Certification
- Master's degree in Exercise Science (Kinesiology, Exercise Phys., Athletic Training)
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- USA-Weightlifting (USA-W) certified
- 5 years of experience to include: strength training of elite athletes, Assistant SC at a D1 or D2 University, SC with a professional sports organization/team
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org