Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Accounts for discharges organizes documents, performs scanning activities. Performs quality checks to ensure all scanning is performed according to procedure. Assists physicians, patients, Health Center departments and outside agencies with request for health information. Performs release of patient information according to legislative requirements and policy and procedures
- Accounts for records upon discharge, provides follow up to locate the records not received where applicable.(15%)
- Assembles (preps) records into proper chart order. (15%)
- Scans patient records and loose sheets to patient encounters. (15%)
- Indexes patient records to ensure scanning quality is performed according to procedure. (15%)
- Provides reception and processing of request for all information for all chart requests. (15%)
- Retrieve records and loose sheets from floors for processing. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 6 months experience within HIM preferred and cross trained in two of the following functions: prepping, scanning or indexing, electronic medical record, data integrity functions, transcription outsourced duties, data entry and/or perform system testing.
- Certificate or degree from college or technical school or three to six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org