Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will establish and maintain copy excellence across our Highmark Health digital products and apps. In this role, you will collaborate with a cross-functional group of designers, product managers, and brand partners to deliver functional and intuitive messaging and microcopy that guides our users to success.
- Clearly define and document the decisions and writing standards utilized while creating the content components (errors messages, instructional guides, promo texts, and notification messages), including accessibility guidelines, and interactions.
- Actively contribute to the composition of expressive, scalable and intuitive digital content and microcopy (buttons, links, labels, calls to action), helping our users complete tasks successfully and efficiently.
- Collaborate to solve challenging, and at times, emotional healthcare needs with human-centered design thinking, and communicate solutions with language and storytelling that is on brand.
- Propose human-centered content changes using data gathered from how users interact with our digital products, while balancing the needs of our business partners and suggested edits from senior subject experts.
- Act as an ambassador for content strategy championing and driving cultural change, unafraid to challenge the status quo and reimagine how we do business to deliver superior customer experiences.
- Foster collaboration by involving others as early as possible to understand their needs and determine how to improve messaging and position strategies.
- Partner to conduct content usability tests, run conversational and interaction prototypes and communicate out those learnings, assessing the user’s needs from their behaviors and language.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX Writing, Human-Computer Interaction Content Design, or Digital Content Creation in a relevant field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 3 years using writing and communication skills with a proven track record of competent digital content design and understanding of the strategy behind UX writing and how it differs from brand
- 1 year writing for mobile and web applications, preferably consumer facing
- 1 year creating digital content in highly regulated industries such as medical-device/healthcare or financial institutions
- 1 year with digital technology, human-computer interaction, online products, and UX design including basics of using Figma
- 1 year creating accessible content designs with experience working within reading standards, regulations, and guidelines (i.e., WCAG) to advocate for inclusive design for all users
- 1 year using facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to large cross-functional teams and Senior leadership
- Multi-lingual or familiarity with localization and mapping of content into various languages
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- UX or UX Writing or Content Design Certification/Coursework
- Bring passion and curiosity about content design, emerging conversation design patterns, and digital writing trends to help design and brand partners understand potential pitfalls and opportunities of creating content for user interactions
- Comprehensive understanding of writing best practices for digital content, messaging, and microcopy, user experience writing standards and guidelines
- Demonstrate understanding of the user-centered design process and how digital content creation connects to the execution of end-to-end product experiences and scalable design systems
- Track record of creating and aiding in the adoption of UX writing tools, copy systems, and frameworks including content research and metrics, addressing user issues through content
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects at once with oversight and deliver high quality work on time in an Agile environment
- Knack for design thinking exercises and human-centered (HCD) facilitation methods to solve complex challenges
- Ability to present to teams and seniors within an organization, both verbally and in writing
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Office- or Remote-based
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$57,700.00
Pay Range Maximum:$106,700.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org