Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for appropriate bed placement and monitoring of the Patient Management system for all Inpatients, Observation and Short Stay patients. Acts as central control for all bed requests, transfer requests, and discharges. Cross trained to provide relief and or support to the staffing clerk including reviewing, analyzing and maintains established staffing levels for all clinical areas in acute care nursing.
- Perform the necessary on-line Invision, OSA Gold, Tele Tracking functions for any admission, discharge, transfer, readmission to a specialty unit, hospice coverage, insurance updates, new accounts, change of physicians and observation status to admission status.
- Receive and relay information to/from clinical areas so that appropriate bed placement is accomplished.
- Track rental equipment use as per order dates to discontinued dates. Coordinate log, charges, and process invoices for leased rental equipment.
- Refer to established unit staffing patterns to determine minimum staffing requirements for each unit based to 24 hour coverage and reviews with Manager, Clinical Supervisor or charge nurse and/or Hospital Operations Administrator
- Accurately document, review and communicate all schedule and assignment changes. Ensure adequate staff replacement, meeting unit needs by contacting necessary nursing personnel, Mangers, Clinical Supervisors and or Hospital Operations Administrator. Daily sheets are completed from the master schedules and are reviewed for accuracy for the next 24 hours.
- Interact with Hospital Operations Administrator to provide input on census and staff levels and to ensure appropriate bed placement is being determined.
- Complete “Record of Call-off for Absence / Tardiness” for attendance issues and communicate to the appropriate unit / charge nurse/ manager. Complete daily sheets from the master schedules and reviews for accuracy.
- High school diploma/GED
- Prior job related work experience of at least 1 to 2 years required. Medical terminology required.
- Word – minimum test score of 80%
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice