Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides quality patient care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Also provides receptionist and clerical support to their assigned departments.
- Assists patients with ADL’s based on direction from RN and needs of the patient.
- Accurately takes and records vital signs, I&O’s, ADL’s as directed by the RN and based on unit standards.
- Accurately performs and documents point of care testing per department standard and yearly credentialing.
- Promptly answers call bells to determine patient’s needs, relays information as needed to RN. Follow up with patient to assure request has been met.
- Promotes fall prevention by utilizing fall prevention strategies, equipment and assisting patients to walk as needed.
- Promotes skin integrity by observing for skin breakdown when bathing, turning and repositioning patients.
- Rounds routinely on patients, to identify needs and assure safety.
- Provides complete and accurate patient care documentation per established standards.
- Communicates pertinent information to appropriate staff. Reporting changes in conditions and responding appropriately to emergent situations.
- Assists nursing in compliance with safety initiatives.
- Participates in department specific patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Actively participates in unit based quality initiatives (ie. falls, skin)
- Reports to charge nurse any patient safety concerns.
- Maintains positive attitude with associates and visitors.
- Offers direction or guidance to associates and visitors promoting good customer relations through positive interactions.
- Demonstrates compassion in all interactions with patients, families and associates.
- Communicates with patient, visitors and associates in a professional manner.
- Answers telephone promptly utilizing the organizational standard.
- Directs calls and takes accurate messages, relays messages in a timely manner.
- Performs order entry accurately and in a timely manner. Informs appropriate staff of any stat orders, faxes orders to pharmacy promptly.
- Facilitates the process of admission, transfer, discharge, and expiration. Maintains the accuracy of the discharge codes.
- Maintains complete and accurate daily patient activity information.
- Maintains chart order, thinning as appropriate assuring documents are taken to Medical Records for scanning in a timely manner.
- Meets time and attendance guidelines per hospital policy.
- Utilizes effective time management skills to complete assigned duties and responsibilities within established work shift.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and demonstrates respect for patient rights.
- High School diploma or General Education degree (GED)
- Graduate from accredited Nurse Aide training program, Medical Assistant program, or nursing student or equivalent
- Medical terminology class or unit secretary experience
- CPR Certification
- Nurse Aide Certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org