Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job provides information security and risk management services for the organization. Works with peers within security, HM Health Solutions, customers and application teams to ensure alignment with current and future security needs. Manages activities of various Information Security personnel. Makes decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.). Develops talent, addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Responsible for the oversight of security technology products for network, systems, and data. Controls expenses within the operating unit and is responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment. Develops and presents Information Security awareness and training program.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization: facilitates meetings; plans, designs and provides presentations; represents the Organization with outside entities; prepares divisional procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; spreads awareness of new and existing security threats; provides oversight regarding metrics, funding, budgets and resources.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of project management to ensure continuous improvement of processes: negotiates and collaborates with leadership and staff to develop security solutions and options; develops and adheres to internal standards and strategies; ensures adherence to approved methodologies; coordinates resources, time, contingency plans and risk management.
- Provide leadership to the team: leads and champions organizational change; encourages participation in activities that support relationship development; champions information security innovation; encourages and enforces proper training in regards to security issues.
- Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree - Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
- 6 years relevant, progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master’s Degree – Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- 5 - 7 years' experience in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- 1 – 3 years’ experience mentoring others
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in developing, communicating and presenting concepts to varying audiences
- 1 – 3 years’ experience participating in developing strategic plans to realize business objectives
- 7 - 10 years' experience in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information
- Experience working within an information security function using the HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF), or the NIST 800-83 cyber security framework
- Experience supporting SSAE 16 or SOC 2 Security Trust Principle audits
- Security industry organization participation / leadership (HITRUST, ISACA, InfraGard, ISC2, ISSA, etc.)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), and FIPS-140
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Ability to motivate high performance, multi-discipline teams
- Demonstrated competency in project execution
- Demonstrated abilities in relationship management
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
0% - 25%
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT ( other than English )?
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$92,300.00
Pay Range Maximum:$170,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org