Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job monitors and coordinates technical lab billing issues. Assists with day to day operational oversight of billing department and ensures daily duties are completed per established guidelines.
- Troubleshoots billing issues and takes appropriate actions. (35%)
- Assists customers with patient billing inquiries. Identifies unpaid balances (insurance and patient) through A/R reports and takes appropriate actions. (25%)
- Supervises work performed by billing staff. (10%)
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state reimbursement policies/regulations and system policies. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. (10%)
- Obtains and enters patient demographic, insurance, and referral/precertification information in the billing system. (10%)
- Verifies insurance information via hospital and insurance carrier systems. (10%)
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including but not limited to supporting front end office processes.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a medical billing program or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare billing role.
- Associate’s Degree.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$17.56
Pay Range Maximum:$26.26
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org