Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for rendering professional advanced emergency medical and critical care to ill or injured patients in collaboration with a paramedic partner and medical control in the transport environment. Provides patient focused care within the protocols, policies, and procedures of Critical Care Transport . Provides professional emergency care in accordance Pennsylvania pre-hospital protocols. Maintains all standards of nursing care. Active involvement with Quality Improvement initiatives. Uses an understanding of the principle of growth and development to assess each patient's age specific needs and provide age specific treatment and care.
- Collaborates within a multidisciplinary team to establish an appropriate plan of care to safely transport critically ill or injured patients.
- Provides critical care life support and medical care for the population served according to established standards and protocols and PA DOH regulations.
- Serves as an ambassador of AHN Critical Care Transport by demonstrating positive professional appearance, language, and conduct within the AHN core behaviors.
- Provides for safe transport of patients, drives ambulance within PA DOH standards, complies with EVOC operational standards. Monitors and promotes safety of self and others while working in and around transport vehicle.
- Participates in Critical Care Transport quality assurance activities including case reviews, monthly Team and Safety meetings. Actively participates in PCC and LEAN team activities. Completes all annual education requirements and training.
- Completes documentation according to department and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures medication and supply inventory in ambulance by completing daily checks and stocking ambulance as needed. Maintains storage of medications within established safety and security controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED
- 3 years in a critical care nursing role
- 2 years as licensed driver
- Registered Nursing License
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) OR International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- 1 years in a PHRN/PA Paramedic role
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org