Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs prescribed special procedures such as: interventional, diagnostic and therapeutic angiography and related special procedures. Acts as a mentor to less experienced technologists.
- Positions patients, selects anatomical and technical parameters accurately for independent imaging of special procedures per established protocol. Prepares for and assists the physician and/or physician assistant while performing procedures. (30%)
- Implements radiation protection and patient safety standards. (15%)
- Completes all required documentation for procedures e.g. regulatory, billing protocols, and image distribution. (15%)
- Prepares contrast media, practices aseptic technique pre-, during, and post-special procedures. (15%)
- Maintains adequate supplies for efficient section/department operations. Participates in inventory control and monitoring. (15%)
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced technologists. Assists with new hire orientation and training activities. (5%)
- Conducts new product testing, schedules employee shifts, performs precepting/orientation, and educates residents. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification
- 3 years’ experience as a radiologic technologist
- Associate’s degree
- Previous special procedure experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org