Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The job plays a key role in the oversight of accounting functions related to financial and regulatory reporting including preparation and review of financial and regulatory reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP). The incumbent takes a lead role in technical research, policy development and other project activities required of the organization to ensure proper application of GAAP and SAP rules and regulations. Detailed responsibilities vary by department but may include the following: preparation and/or review of financial statements, footnotes, consolidation, insurance department filings, monthly close activities, medical loss ratio reporting to federal and state agencies, technical accounting position papers, etc.
- Prepare and/or review audited financial statements, including footnotes, insurance department filings, board reports and investor relations reports.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to draft and implement new or revised accounting policies and implement processes and applications that have a direct impact on the Company's financial statements.
- Provide GAAP and/or SAP interpretation and prepare technical position papers that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, for evolving accounting guidance.
- Coordinate annual audit with external audit firm; act as liaison with external audit firm during fieldwork.
- Implement financial reporting, systems, and process improvements to ensure best practices.
- Mentor and develop staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management or Accounting
- 6 years in Public Accounting or Consolidated Accounting or Financial Reporting with a large Public Regulated Company, or 7 years experience in Finance and Accounting
- 3 years in GAAP Accounting or STAT Accounting
- 3 years in Financial Reporting
- 1 - 3 years in External Audit
- 1 - 3 years in the Health Insurance Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Non-Specific
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Analytical Skills
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial or Accounting Systems
- Internal Controls
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$67,500.00
Pay Range Maximum:$124,800.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org