Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides leadership, direction and oversight of assigned departments, services and programs, ensuring establishment and attainment of operational goals consistent with the organizational strategic plan and in accordance with budgetary, quality and service excellence goals. Represents the hospital to internal and external constituents to promote a positive image of the hospital and facilitate collaborative relationships. Collaborates with executive leadership including COO, CMO, CNO and Hospital President, directs and coordinators hospital wide activities in support of the operating and patient care functions of the hospital. Develops and implements policies and procedures that support the delivery of services and ensures compliance with established professional, regulatory and organizational standards and requirements. Build relationships and partner with nursing leaders in the formulation and execution of collaborative strategic and operational visions and goals. Responsible for overall operations of assigned areas, and direction to assure and maintain efficient and high level of quality care. Leads departmental financial planning to ensure cost efficient operations. Demonstrates company Core Behaviors, and drives adoption of engagement initiatives within their team.
- Administers and coordinates the development and implementation of several clinical operational departments in the facility and services in the delivery of quality patient care. Accountable for multiple hospital cost centers within AHN. Works in collaboration with the Presidents and CFOs of those respective hospitals on the financial planning and management of the assigned areas. (25%)
- Ensures that the standards and codes regulating the quality assurance of health care set forth by the various accreditation boards and regulatory agencies are maintained. Oversees Quality regulators of all assigned areas, including compliance with Department of Health (DOH) and Food service standards. Participates in CMS, Joint Commission, DOH and other regulatory site Surveys and action plans. Works in collaboration with assigned Departments to review, develop and monitor policies and guidelines around Assigned services Oversees all department leaders assigned to role, as well as departments that may have a network reporting structure but local responsibility. (25%)
- Responsible for Hospital Security, acting as liaison with all law enforcement with oversight for the Security vendor who provides Security Services at the facility. Directly handles investigations for Drug Diversions and employee-related situations. Interfaces and collaborates with the Department of Corrections at state, local and county levels for prisoners (both inpatient and outpatient) at the hospital; Interfaces with the Security Vendor on the management and correlation of Hospital policies and Vendor procedures/policies. Oversees investigations and training regarding occurrence or training on Security, Acts of violence etc. and is active member of Hospital's Committee on Safety. (25%)
- Performs management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Additional areas of oversight of local and network resources include but not limited to Dietary, Wound Care, Employee Health, Rehabilitation (PT/OT), Operational Excellence, Administrative Support. (25%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree: Business, Health Administration or related field
- 7-10 years Work experience in a clinical setting with budget, fiscal and oversight accountabilities
- 5-7 years Management experience in a healthcare, clinical or administrative setting
- 3-5 years Work experience in Security Management, Facility Management or military operations.
- Master's degree: Business, Health Administration or related field
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org