Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Recognizes, manages and rehabilitates injuries to professional, amateur and recreational athletes. Provides techniques for prevention of injuries. Works independently, but under the direction of Senior Staff, Sports Medicine Supervisor, and Team physicians to manage the daily operations within a school districts' athletic medicine program. Acts as a point of contact for AHN to the district for communication of the management of injuries within the athletic program by communicating with athletic directors, coaches, school nurses, physicians, parents, athletes and sports medicine staff as needed. Also develops exercise programs, performs data entry/recordkeeping, assists with cleaning the facility, and monitoring supplies for the athletic program.
- Evaluates and manages injuries and determines whether a referral is necessary. Maintains a medical file on each athlete and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete or athlete's parent. Prepares athletes for practice or competition. (50%)
- Acts as a liaison between school administrators, school nurses, guidance counselors, coaches, athletes and parents to appropriately manage, educate and return athletes back to play/activity. Additionally, coordinates all communication to return athletes with concussions back to play in coordination with the Pennsylvania State Law. (20%)
- Implements treatment and rehabilitation programs under the supervision of a physician and guidance of Athletic Trainer II or Senior Staff. Develops functional training programs and conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes. (20%)
- Cleans Facility: Assists with cleaning the facility each night and putting equipment back in place. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0-1 years’ experience
- Current state licensure as a certified Athletic Trainer or eligible
- National Athletic Trainer's Association (NATA) certification
- Basic Life Support
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Experience with concussion base line testing software
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Current state driver’s license
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice