Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This is a casual role that requires at least 8 hours per week.
Designs and implements developmentally appropriate therapeutic activities to enable children and families to cope with the stress and anxiety of illness, injury and hospitalization and promotes optimum development of children and their families to maintain normal living patterns and to minimize psychological trauma.
- Develops, coordinates and monitors programs and clinical services developing policies/procedures, completing required documentation and managing resources while adhering to departmental, hospital and regulatory guidelines. (25%)
- Provides clinical services to hospitalized children and their families according to departmental guidelines and professional standards of practice. (25%)
- Enhances overall program effectiveness by providing supervision of volunteers, students and participation in special projects/events as requested by other departments/educational programs. (25%)
- Promotes professional growth by adhering to hospital guidelines and standards set forth by department or professional affiliation. (25%)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience in the areas of child life/hospitalized children, child development or education in a hospital setting, family dynamics, play and recreation.
- Child Life Certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org