Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Develops, implements, and evaluates programs designed to reduce operational risk for employees and facilities the process of implementing corrective actions to minimize risk and maintain regulatory compliance within the facilities.
- Conducts required safety tests and inspections to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agency standards. (20%)
- Responds and coordinates the response to emergencies including fire, hazardous materials and other related incidents with emphasis on the protection of life safety, property conservation, business continuity and environmental protection. (20%)
- Responds to, performs investigations, analyzes individual, departmental and organizational concerns and/or needs and collaborates with applicable internal and external resources to develop cost effective and timely solutions. (20%)
- Monitors new and existing regulations and laws; identifies and develops policies and procedures and reviews/revises current policies and procedures to ensure institutional compliance. (20%)
- Directs and ensures compliance with federal, state and local safety, environmental and fire/life safety regulations. Acts as the liaison and intervenes to reduce the risk of organizational non-compliance with regulatory agency requirements. (20%)
- Oversees the Safety Committee efforts to ensure consistency with established protocol.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- BA/BS Degree Safety Engineering or other occupational Safety/Health Science related field or 4 years equivalent work experience
- 4 years related work experience
- Master's Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or other occupational safety or health concentration
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH/IHIT), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Healthcare Environmental Manager CHEM), Certified Fire Inspector/Instructor
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org