Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Coordinate pharmacy services to provide safe and appropriate care in a professional manner to patients/customers of Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion. Provides clinical services to assist healthcare providers in treating patients safely and effectively in accordance to state and federal laws.
- Admixture and dispensing of medication and parenteral solutions to patients.
- Dispense pharmaceutical supplies as appropriate to patients in alternate care.
- Maintain quality control requirements.
- Accurate and timely documentation in the clinical record.
- Coordinate medication and supply deliveries to patients.
- Provide information regarding drugs and their safe and appropriate use to other healthcare providers involved in the patient’s/client’s care.
- Actively participate in ongoing interdisciplinary communication specific to each patient.
- Ongoing monitoring, assessment, and documentation of appropriateness, effectiveness, and safety of drug therapy.
- Participate in the Performance Improvement program. Develops staff competencies as designated by USP 797/800. Monitors quality improvement by monitoring for trends and customizes staff educational development on data obtained.
- Act as a resource to assist with training and guidance of new employees.
- Develop key indicators for quality improvement efforts for the pharmacy.
- Develop computer-supported systems that monitor quality improvement activities and identify outages.
- Participate in in-service programs for other health care professionals and for the community.
- Attend seminars/CEU opportunities on an ongoing basis to promote professional growth and effective performance.
- Direct patient/caregiver teaching/care as appropriate for patients.
- Direct physician contact (e.g., patient care communications, marketing).
- Key contact/marketing duties as assigned.
- Participate in on-call schedule.
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Pharmacy
- Licensed and in good standing with the State Board of Pharmacy in state of practice
- Post-Graduate residency program in clinical pharmacy service
- Experience with or knowledge of admixture procedures, two years hospital or one year home care practice
- Supervisory experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org