Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will endorse, adopt, and drive a product experience vision using range of user-centered design methodologies, providing insights and product design recommendations that will digitally transform healthcare and help our members live their best lives. This job will focus on process and project implementation partnerships, requirements synthesis on multiple priority projects, and balancing design advocacy with thought leadership and mentoring junior staff to deliver digital product strategies for Highmark Health.
- Mentor and coach designers in Human Centered Design, Lean UX, and Agile Methodologies as well as prototyping tools. Lead the team in understanding user needs, mapping needs to product value to create ideal experiences that bridge the business and user needs together.
- Organize and facilitate human-centered design practices such as brainstorming exercises, rapid prototyping, journey mapping, usability testing reporting, user needs analysis and proof of concept demonstrations that lead to customer validated, scalable design recommendations
- Take the lead in defining the vision for a product and advocate for and contribute to the digital roadmap by advocating key experience metrics and a continuous learning process
- Be a thought leader in user experience for internal and external teams and work with other leaders to advance the user experience design discipline within the enterprise, solving user problems with empathy and understanding of our customers.
- Produce measurable results by guiding the team through coaching and delegation to understand business goals and how to meet user expectations and customer journeys within technical capabilities.
- Provide subject matter expertise on multiple, complex projects, and proactively identify and prioritize opportunities that continuously elevate the product experience
- Foster and maintain a collaborative environment between cross-functional teams including digital strategy, product management, and development teams
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a design related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 7 years with Human Centered design strategies and design thinking exercises, and validated expertise in usability, analytics, user testing
- 7 years collaborating with Front-end engineers and Product managers to organize project planning and execution standards
- 7 years using facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to cross-functional teams and key stakeholders
- 1 year of design work in highly regulated industries such as medical-device/healthcare or financial institutions
- 1 year with business analytics as well as establishing and measuring KPIs is a plus.
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
UX Certification coursework
- Accomplished design owner that can partner with the technology, business and marketing strategists to break down epics and features into project deliverables.
- Mastery of best practices in design disciplines such as design systems, service design, visual design, UX strategy, content strategy, and information architecture.
- Significant experience in Agile methodologies and working in a Lean UX environment. SAFe agile is a plus.
- Mastery of current industry design and research tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, UserZoom, UserTesting.com)
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects at once while providing oversight to junior staff and deliver high quality work on time in an Agile environment
- Adept storyteller and thought leader that can demonstrate changing mindsets over time and unite stakeholders around a mission and vision.
- A keen organizer with the ability to prioritize work and resources while providing feedback and insights to team
- A portfolio demonstrating extensive experience of usability, user-centered design, storytelling and content strategy.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Office-based at home (remote)
Teaches / trains others
Travel from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$78,900.00
Pay Range Maximum:$146,000.00
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org